Monday 14 January 2013

IndigoBlu week - Karen and Neil

Hello everyone, 
I hear that there is snow in the UK today? Another good reason to stay at home and start crafting, don't you think? I remember what it is like in the UK when the show hits.. never fun...  
And there is nothing better than a new theme to start the week: IndigoBlu
We have been carrying this range of stamps for a while now and thought we would use them for a whole week on our blog to give you lots of inspiration. 
The stamp sets come in A5 and A6 sizes.





They also have some beautiful gilding flakes. You can find them in the Metal Art section on our website. 


Karen and Neil are with us today with a couple of cards to start the week smoothly... 
Let us know what you think in a comment below... 
Ladie's first... here's Karen's card... 

I used Poppy Meadow to make a card for my mum's birthday next week. Using black Memento ink, I stamped the smaller poppy and the bud onto a piece of white card. The larger poppy was stamped onto a separate piece of card. I used Inktense watercolours pencils to paint them. I went over the stamens with a black Sakura Glaze pen and then added some fine red glitter to the petals. The larger poppy was cut out and mounted over the other two with 3D foam (the bottom of the stem was glued in place) before adding lace & ribbon. This was all mounted onto silver Mirri card then a toning red card. The greeting is computer generated.


Indigo Blu - Poppy Meadow



-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

And now for Neil's card. You might remember seeing this owl on another one of his project, which was quite popular during the TAP paper week. 
Here it is again this week on a a card. I must admit, I do love this owl too.

For my IndigoBlu project, I decided to make a card using these stamps.
I stamped and embossed the bare branches with black embossing ink and clear embossing powder. When it was cool I used Distress Stains to colour the sky and cut it out.
Using a larger piece of white card I used Distress Stain to colour the card and stamped the small leaves around the edges in blue Archival ink.
I used a Distress Marker to colour the leaves and edged the card with Walnut Stain Distress ink and a blending tool.

This was mounted onto a white card blank with double sided tape and then
I mounted the branch image onto this with 3D foam tape.

To finish, I stamped the owl onto white shrink plastic in black StazOn, cut out and shrank it. I added it to the card with Glossy Accents and then covered the top with Glossy Accents too.


See you tomorrow


5 comments:

  1. Love Neil's card especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love IndigoBlu stamps and the owl is one of my favs he is gorgeous. Great projects Karen and Neil.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 beautiful cards , i love card with poppies they seem real

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful cards, full on inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.