Tuesday 22 October 2013

Autumn leaves - Neil

Hi, 
A lovely masculine project today: an autumnal card by Neil. Truly stunning colour combination on this, absolutely love this card. 
Neil used die Tim Holtz die cuts and stamps on his card.




Neil:
I began by grabbing a card blank from my pile and blended layers of Distress Ink over. Beginning with Wild Honey then adding Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves and Gathered Twigs to get that lovely seasonal depth of colour. I splashed a few drops of water to leach out some colour.

My gentleman was stamped onto card and I used the same colours to colour him roughly (when I say same colours I actually mean that I used the same foam pad I'd used to do the background and just "scribbled" over him!) I used water and a brush to soften the colours and lighten areas. He was added to the card and shadowed in with charcoal. 

 I cut a selection of the Autumn Gatherings in various colour papers and blended some Distress Ink over them before sticking in place. I used a Distress Marker to add a little bit of extra detail.

I decided it was all a little too bland so I cut the card bit off and matted it onto dark card. I tore the two sides to add interest and used a dark A4 card to create an A5 card.
I haven't popped a sentiment on yet but there is plenty of room to do so so this is perfect for a masculine Birthday, Thank You or even just a Happy Autumn!

Neil used:
Distress Inks - Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves and Gathered Twigs
Distress marker - Peeled Paint

See you tomorrow

Izzy








5 comments:

  1. I really like the colour combo and agree it makes a great card for a male or a teenager into steam-punk, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great design. I love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A marvelous masculine card! Love the colors, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card ! I would be happy to receive a card with such a dashing gentleman ! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card, love the Autumn gatherings die-cuts and the textured background.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.