Friday 28 October 2016

Mixed Media

Mixed Media


Hi there!

You'll need to get comfy and perhaps

get yourself a cuppa.  

We have a scrummy canvas today from

Hazel Harler

and here she is to talk you through it:




I stencilled with modeling paste onto a canvas board using a 
Carabelle Studio stencil and a circle stencil [brand unknown], 
I also used matte medium to glue some gauze to the canvas, 
when everything had dried I gave it a coat of gesso.



I coloured the canvas with Gelatos, spreading the colour with a baby wipe.


 I sprayed some dragonfly blue and brimstone wings Color Bloom 
onto the edges of the canvas and let it run down. 
Whilst this was still wet I coloured the edges with 
blue and black Gelatos and used my finger to spread it.


I stamped the collage image onto tissue paper
 and glued it to the canvas.


I stamped the circles twice onto card and 
cut them out leaving one image whole and 
cutting single circles from the second one. 

I left the circles black and white 
as the background has a lot of colour.


I coloured some card with the dragonfly blue Color Bloom 
then stamped and die cut the butterfly.


Using my finger I spread some gold wax over the raised areas 
and added some coloured resin circles that I found in my stash. 

A close up showing the texture and gold wax


I glued the butterfly to the canvas and added 
a metal pointer for the body and some gold wire for the antenna, 

I also added a Tim Holtz small talk sticker.



Items used.


I said it was scrummy.  I was't wrong.

Those Color Bloom Sprays are so sparkly,
full of pigment and really good value.

This would brighten up any shadowy area
never mind sparkle in the sunlight

Thank you Hazel

See you all tomorrow

Mickie xx









5 comments:

  1. The colours on this are just gorgeous and love all the details too. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful !!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab canvas Hazel, love all the different textures X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Hazel. love the colours and textures.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.