Saturday 17 June 2017

Punchboard

Punchboard


Hallo Everyone!

Trust all is well in your
little corner of the craft world
Everything is good here
Mind you good weather is
always a help when it comes
to mood and inspiration .......

Speaking of which we have
Angela Radford with us today
and she has brought her new
Journal .........


 "Hi all, Angela here today to show you 
how I made this journal using one of the 
Punch Boards.


 I started by covering the paper with a
 Seth Apter stamp using his paints by Paper Artsy.


Using the envelope Punchboard I then made
 the pages to go into the journal


This must be the easiest and best envelope maker 
ever and I've used a few!



The punch even finishes off the corners for you.


 I was surprised how quickly I completed all of these.


My plan is to cover the pages with left-over 
samples from the projects I've done using 
Seth Apter products and use journalling
cards which will be kept inside the pockets 
with notes of what I've done.


The envelopes are so easy to complete, 
just fold along the score lines



Then stick the edges with glue, brilliant!


I made some small journal cards to fit in the envelopes.


 Next I needed to make the cover for my journal
 and cut the three pieces of card ready to start.


This is the card I used...recognise it? 
What do they say? "Waste not want not"! 

This is great card for journal covers. 
Just make your order from The Craft Barn 
and you may be lucky enough to receive one of these Lol!


Masterboard for the front cover using 
Seth Apter paint and a Brayer


Place the card in position and stick down.


You may remember I mentioned this before 
to score round the corners before folding over
 which gives a good clean finish


Glue down the corners and edges.


And this is what it should look like at this stage.

Take another piece of Masterboard and a 
slightly narrower piece of card for the centre
 and glue these together. Wrap round the centre,
 cord or elastic for as many pages as you 
wish to store in the journal


Turn this over and glue down to the back 
of the journal cover.


Next I stamped several images on left-over 
Masterboard, coloured card and shrink plastic.


 Now you are ready to start decorating 
the front cover. I attached a cord at 
the same time which would 
be used as the fastening.


The flap of the envelope is used to insert the page
 making it easy to take it out if you wish to work on it.


And here is the journal completed. 
I included a few little gems, Tim Holtz embellishments 
and shrink plastic pieces made with Seth Apter stamps.


Spine view.


More samples added but lots more will follow I'm sure. 



Happy crafting, Angela xXx"



Products Used:

Seth Apter stamps:

A truly super project Angela
thank you.


So Everyone; have you been inspired 
to make a journal?  

This you will all agree that there is a 
lot more to any of the Punchboards
than first imagined .......

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx











10 comments:

  1. I am bowled over again, Angela, this is a fantastic project being both easy to make and beautifully decorated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine. I so love making these little journals. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sally, pleased you like it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete
  3. Superb project Angela, so well thought out. Brilliant X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project Angela, brilliant idea to use the envelope flaps to keep your pages in place and love the idea of having a technique journal like this for all of your Seth projects. Love the cover embellishments too,thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb thanks for popping round. Pleased you like it. Angela xXx

      Delete
  5. Angela, I have never tried doing my corners like you've shown. I can't wait to give this a try. I will definitely be pinning your project and will snag me up an envelope punch ASAP! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Autumn you are very welcome and you will find that the corners turn out perfect. It took me a while to work this one out but when you've done corners like this you will wonder why you didn't think of it before Lol! Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.