Thursday 3 August 2017

Van Gogh

Van Gogh



Hi There!

We continue our celebration
of Van Gogh today with
Louise Thomson, who has
been inspired by the Sunflowers
.........indeed, thanks to the
art posters in our classrooms
we were all probably 
influenced by them.....


"It's quite a tall order to try
 and replicate the style of one of 
the world's most recognised artists, 
but when I think van Gogh, 
I think sunflowers, 
which just so happen to be 
one of my favourite flowers. So...

I made a background using distress oxides


Added some stencilling


And stamped my own version of sunflowers, 
which I think are actually daisies from
 a PaperArtsy set.


Some fresco paint helped bring out the 
sunflower look a little more. 

I also added some gold alchemy wax 
around the edge as though to frame it.


I stamped parts of a honeydoo stamp 
to give it a bit of greenery.



 Then to help the flowers stand out, 
I blended green distress ink
 around them.


Using the stencil again I added texture 
paste and once dry I guilded it using 
alchemy wax.


I have been tempted many times to 
start an art journal and so decided to 
make this the front cover of one. 

I just stitched together a wadge of 
 thick white paper and mounted my own
 'Van Gogh' to the front.


Who knows, maybe you'll be seeing some 
art journal pages from me shortly?!"

Materials:


Thank you Louise, super project
and what a good idea to make
your own art journal........

Think we would all be
interested to see some 
art journal pages.....

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sunflowers. I like the gold texture paste too which frames it beautifully. Happy journalling xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.